Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Quick answers to some of the questions we regularly get asked.

Where can I get vouchers?

If you are an individual or family in need of support, vouchers are available from organisations such as Citizens Advice (freephone 0808 278 7861), HomeStart Meon Valley, Winchester City Council Housing and Benefits department and local schools. 
Details of all our referral agencies can be found on our website here.

What should I do if I’m struggling to get a referral?

Please do contact us directly using our Contact Form if you experience any difficulty in obtaining a referral.

What happens once I’ve been referred?

A referral agency, such as Citizens Advice, will send us an email attaching a confidential form that gives us all the basic information we need about you and your family such as the number of adults and number and ages of children.  We will then contact you on Monday or Tuesday morning to confirm that we have all the information we need to prepare a food parcel and arrange for you to collect it from the Wickham Community Centre at an agreed time on Tuesday.  If for some reason you are unable to collect, we may be able to arrange a home delivery.     

How do I become a referral agency?

If you are a representative of a social care or support organisation, please contact us via our Contact Form in order that we can register you.  We will then be able to issue you with our on-line food voucher for your use.

Where / when can I drop off food donation?

Details of all our food drop off locations can be found on our website here.

Can I donate fresh food?

Unfortunately we are not able to handle fresh food donations at this time.

What can I donate?

Please see our donation page for examples of items that can be donated or check our low stock alerts.

What is the best way to deliver a large collection of donated food?

If you can arrange to deliver it to Wickham on a Monday that would be great. Please contact us beforehand so we will be expecting it.

We have collected cash for the food bank, what is the best way to get it to you?

Please contact our treasurer via the contact form.

Where is the online donation page?

The online donation page has been temporarily removed, but please contact us if you would like to make a donation by bank transfer.

Can I volunteer to help?

We are fortunate to have a well-established team of volunteers some of whom have been with us since we first opened.  We do however keep a register of people who could be interested in joining our team.  If you get in touch via our Contact Us page we will get back to you and let you know what the current situation is.